Sense of West Cork
Regions – a series of A Sense of West Cork foyer exhibitions
A series of exhibitions in our foyer space showcasing affordable artwork by artists from different regions across our catchment area. Featured regions included; Beara Peninsula, Bantry, Mizen Peninsula, Dunmanway and Drimoleague, Skibbereen, Baltimore and the Islands, Clonakilty and Rosscarbery. A West Cork Arts Centre Editions pack of greetings cards will be available soon to commemorate the Regions season.
A Sense of West Cork - Art for All
West Cork Arts Centre invites artists to participate in A Sense of West Cork - Art for All.
Supporting local artists to showcase and sell artwork, and providing the public with an opportunity to purchase affordable artworks and to support local artists.
We will accept drawings, editioned prints, photographs, flat fabric pieces, paintings (on paper or canvas board but no canvases or framed work behind glass allowed please).
- Price range €10 - €200
- Size - A3 approx or smaller (including mount)
- All work is to be presented professionally, flat on mounting board, wrapped in cellophane, clearly labelled on the back with artist's details - name and contact details (especially email) of artist, medium, date, list price, and name of piece.
- Ranges of cards are also welcome.
- 60% of the sale price of the artwork will go to the artist. A commission of 40% of the sale price will go to WCAC. Discounts on the list price (eg 10% discount for members, or discounts offered to secure a sale if the purchaser is buying more than one artwork) will be borne equally between the artist and WCAC.
- We will accept up to 6 pieces per artist. Not every piece will be on display in Reception but we will rotate the selection regularly.
- If work hasn't sold within four months it will be returned to the artist. Each artist is welcome to present new work but cannot present returned work at a later date.
- Artists may also collect any unsold work at any time if required for other projects, exhibitions etc.
- The utmost care will be taken of all work submitted, but WCAC will not be responsible for any damage, loss of, or destruction to any work for any reason whatsoever. Any insurance should therefore be effected by the artist against all risks.
- There are no subject matter restrictions.
- All artists must be over 18 years of age.