REWIND << FASTFORWARD >> RECORD
Games for Artists and Non-Artists Workshop (Re-visions: Your Practice, My Body)
Saturday, 16 July 11am to 3pm
Workshop with local LGBTQ+ Artists
Facilitated by Brendan Fox and Hannah Tiernan
Booking via Eventbrite here
"It is not the place of the theatre to show the correct path, but only to offer the means by which all possible paths may be examined.” - Augusto Boal.
This workshop will draw on each artists' area of interest and through a series of techniques and exercises, we will locate commonalities and intersections within their practices. Through the consideration of our bodies as both subjects and sculptural objects, artists will have the opportunity to physically manifest their ideas and concepts. This new manifestation may allow us to elaborate on how we may perceive or locate the viewer in this exchange of ideas. As we physically occupy the triangle of Viewer, Artist, and Art-object we may attempt to develop a new line of collective questioning.
Participants are requested to…
- Bring 2 objects.
- One that they consider emblematic of their practice/research or area of interest and a second personal object that may be of particular significance or illustrative of their queer journey.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Bring a notebook and pen.
- Feel free to take photographs as part of their research.
- Submit an image of their current work for publication.
Note: There will be a 30-minute break from 12.45 - 1.15pm. None of these exercises are physically strenuous. Elements of this workshop may be photographed and published with your permission.